Why join Reactive: Joining Reactive Technologies means becoming part of a dynamic team at the forefront of the energy revolution. We are passionate about enabling low carbon grids and driving a more sustainable, efficient, and resilient energy ecosystem. As a prospective employee, you’ll have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge technologies that have a real and positive impact on our planet. Our team is dedicated to innovation, collaboration, and making a difference in the world of energy. We offer a stimulating, inclusive, and supportive work environment where your ideas are valued and your professional growth is a priority. If you’re looking to be part of a team that’s shaping the future of low carbon energy and eager to contribute to a greener world, join us on this exciting journey. To find out more, please visit www.reactive-technologies.com.
Our company: Reactive Technologies is an innovative global hi-tech & cleantech company accelerating the transition to a Net Zero future by creating and implementing cutting-edge grid measurement technologies to address the energy industry’s greatest challenges. Reactive has more than 250+ patents granted globally, with international hubs in Europe, Middle East, Asia Pacific and North America.
Job description: The Asset Engineer (West) will be responsible for the installation, safety and reliable operations of the Asset Management function of Reactive for assets located globally in countries to the West of the UK.
- Establishing, supporting and continuously improving industrial panel design, build, testing, installation and QA processes
- Optimising technical design and performance of the portfolio, delivering short and long-term projects to improve performance or enhance the business case
- Ensuring effective and safe installation of Reactive Technologies’ assets, i.e. measurement units and modulators together with third parties where appropriate to achieve and maintain high quality and reliable Assets in the field.
- Ensuring industry best practice in accordance with creating and maintaining accurate and up-to-date documentation of each individual asset as well as ensuring installation compliance with local country codes, installation standards, regulations and certification as appropriate.
- Planning, scheduling, execution and optimisation of scheduled and unscheduled maintenance activities across the asset portfolio, ensuring at all times that work is conducted in line with HSE and Asset Management standards
- Optimising the performance of the portfolio, delivering short and long-term projects to improve performance, reliability, reduce installation and on-going operational costs (especially mobile and data connectivity cost management) or enhance the business case
- Ensuring that all aspects of technical and operational readiness are understood and enacted upon during installation, commissioning and testing phase to make certain that asset deployment and on-boarding activities are effective and successful (i.e. right first time)
- Monitoring asset performance and undertaking regular asset inspections and/or audits to ensure that key contractors deliver their contracted scope as per the agreed contract arrangements and SLA performance requirements
- Ensuring Reactive meets its internal and external operational performance and safety requirements consistently and repeatedly
- Leading the best practice deployment and mobilisation of Reactive’s equipment and services across multi-locations, cross-cultural internal teams and external partners to facilitate the growth of Reactive’s business activities
- Ensuring effective management of all engineering aspects from deployment to maintenance of Reactive’s equipment installed on customer and partner sites, including the in-life management of hardware, infrastructure and service solutions
- Owning some core processes and procedures as part of the wider Asset Management Team
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Educated to degree level with high attainment levels of Engineering Qualifications g. Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) or Institute of Measurement and Control (InstMC) or similar
- Additional Health & Safety training, qualifications or certifications
- Proven experience in the field of engineering, asset management project delivery or project management
- Knowledge and experience in asset management related projects including the development and implementation of asset management systems or monitoring and control systems
- Previous experience with installation, testing and/or maintenance of industrial panels or electrical installations
- Familiar with principles and practices of budgeting, financial procedures and customer account management
- Detailed knowledge of power systems and electronics including experience in inverter control systems
- Experience in large project delivery
- Experience of functional process mapping, process design and process launch general awareness through regular communication and by promoting Reactive’s ‘safety first’ principle
- Experienced in the specification, purchase, configuration, testing, installation, commissioning and maintenance of various control systems, ideally in the context of EPC contracts
- Experience of working within quality For example, working with ISO 9001, ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001.
- Experience in maintaining equipment spread across multiple locations around the world as well as managing international, cross-functional and multi-cultural teams.
- Experience of managing external partner and vendor relationships to delivery high quality performance results
- Creative problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent critical thinking skills and a high level of numeracy
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong teamworking skills, with ability to motivate others and lead or manage teams and projects
- Flexibility and ability to compromise
- A willingness to accept responsibility and make decisions
- A high level of attention to detail
- Excellent customer care skills and good commercial awareness
- An understanding of, and ability to work with, high-level computer technology
- Experience with asset management and/or work order management systems
- Experience with HAZOP, RAMS and permitting
What we offer
Our belief is that a well-rewarded workforce with a compelling mission will result in a more engaged and productive team. As a start-up, we are agile, have a flat structure and offer a competitive benefits package:
- Annual performance-based bonus schemes
- Share Options scheme
- Long service holiday scheme and holiday purchase scheme (UK)
- Company pension scheme
- Private Medical and 4 x life Insurance scheme
- Regular team and company social events
- Flexible working patterns to manage work life balance
- Professional and dynamic work environment
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Interested? – send us an email and your CV and let’s discuss more.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Please send the application and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.